Did you know? Lentils are the perfect source of energy for your training because they contain a good dose of fibre, vital nutrients such as amino acids and iron, and a decent portion of vegetable protein (approx. 26g per 100g). So thanks to its high protein and fibre content, this soup will keep you full for longer and curb the more naughty cravings. Added bonus: Red lentils are already peeled, so unlike other types of lentils, you don’t have to soak them. Still make sure to wash them thoroughly with a sieve before cooking though.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 2-3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g red lentils
- 1l vegetable broth
- 100g chickpeas
- 50g sunflower seeds
- Chili, salt, pepper
- Chop onion and garlic and sauté 2-3 mins in a saucepan with a little oil.
- Add lentils and fry for another 2 mins.
- Then add the vegetable broth and simmer the soup for about 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, fry chickpeas and sunflower seeds in a little oil and season.
- Puree soup, season to taste and top with chickpeas and sunflower seed croutons.
Tip: This recipe’s great for meal prep too: simply cook double the amount and fill jars with the leftovers – and there you have it, your homemade takeaway lunch 🙂
Thanks to @lenaeats for this deliciously easy recipe! 💛