With this festive gingerbread flavoured smoothie, you can turn your breakfast into a Christmas treat in no time. If you don’t have a ready-made gingerbread spice mix, you can easily blend some spices yourself, e.g. fresh ginger, ground cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and a pinch of nutmeg. Depending on your taste, you can also use dates or ripe bananas instead of agave syrup to sweeten this smoothie.
The gingerbread smoothie: how to make it
Ingredients for two servings
- 400ml vegetable milk (e.g. almond milk or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 30 g oat flakes
- 1 teaspoon Christmas spice mix (like gingerbread or pumpkin pie)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon protein powder of your choice (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve in two glasses, sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
The added protein will keep you feeling full for longer and give you energy for your next workout. Especially during the holiday season (and all its treats), it’s important to keep investing some time in your fitness journey. If you don’t manage a full workout with your VAHA, then at least try a Christmas walk with your loved ones. Those holiday biscuits taste even better afterwards, promised!